Comparing the Latest Digital Media Advances
Virtual reality and augmented reality are increasingly being used in technology, but do people really know their difference?
Virtual reality is an artificial environment created with software allowing the user to feel completely engulfed in a reality that is computer animated. Augmented reality is an enhanced version of reality created by the use of technology to add digital information on an image. It blurs the line between what’s real and what’s computer-generated by enhancing what we see, hear, feel and smell.
So how do they differ? Virtual reality is a fully immersive experience creating a world that isn’t your own around you, whereas augmented reality simply adds and enhances your surroundings without changing the natural world as it exists already.
Below, we have listed some of the benefits and example of using either method:
- A totally and completely immersive experience is rare and extremely difficult to accomplish from a technological standpoint.
- Helpful in healthcare, military, and social settings.
- Enter a whole new world- maybe one that is becoming real to you
- Being completely overwhelmed in a different world from your own is not only scary but also dangerous therefore AR would be the best experience.
- Fewer issues involving psychological harm
- Still have a grasp of reality.
With the use of apps and new digital technologies, it is entirely up to you to determine which method best fits your digital marketing strategy. Before we know it, both will soon become a relevant factor in our daily lives.